New York City and Paris Announce Winners of Business Exchange to Connect Local Companies to International Opportunities and Markets
Exchange Program Builds on Both Cities’ Shared Commitment to Global Entrepreneurship and Inclusion
Paris&Co, the economic development and innovation agency of Paris, and New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), today announced the winners of the NYC-Paris Business Exchange, which provides New York City-based start-ups with access to business opportunities in Paris and helps Paris-based companies expand their footprints in New York City. The program will help tech, arts, fashion, design, tourism, food and beverage, and sustainability companies overcome barriers that inhibit entry to foreign markets and builds upon both Cities’ shared commitment to global entrepreneurship and innovation.
NYCEDC is partnering with the Made in NY Media Center by IFP to host the chosen companies from Paris, while Paris&Co, the largest incubator network in Europe, and Ateliers de Paris, the Paris innovation platform dedicated to creation, design and fashion, will host the companies originally from New York City. Air France, the Official Airline for the program, will support the startups ecosystems and provide roundtrip airfare for the winning companies.
“New York City and Paris are kindred spirits: creative, resilient, and always on the cutting edge,” said NYCEDC President Maria Torres-Springer. “We’re very excited to welcome some of the top French companies to the fastest growing innovation ecosystem in the world. And we’re sure that our homegrown New York companies will show the city of lights what tech in the City that Never Sleeps is all about.”
“The NYC-Paris Business Exchange revealed the attraction that both cities have on startups,” said Karine Bidart, Co-CEO, Paris&Co. “The program will be a great opportunity for entrepreneurs to test a new market and to get connected to targeted business and innovation networks, in the best practical conditions.”
The winners are
NYC to Paris
- Adam Frank Incorporated: AFI invents, designs and manufactures products and installations which add natural light phenomena to the built environment.
- Authorea: Authorea is an online word processor that makes research writing and publishing faster and easier. With more than 80,000 members and a weekly growth rate that has doubled in the past nine months, Authorea is currently the fastest-growing science publishing platform in the world.
- AXS Lab: AXS Lab is an agency devoted to the influence and promotion of equality through projects such as AXS Map, an innovative app which allows users to share, browse and rate businesses based on accessibility by harnessing the power of a crowd worldwide.
- Mogul: Mogul is an award-winning technology platform for women reaching more than 18 million per week across 196 countries and 30,470 cities worldwide.
- Mota Word: MotaWord provides accurate translation services in over 70 languages using proprietary project management software that allows it to manage a workforce of over 8,500 translators globally with minimal human oversight and overhead costs.
- RecycledBrooklyn: RecycledBrooklyn is a company dedicated to putting locally-salvaged materials destined for the landfill back into circulation in the form of handmade, one-of-a-kind furniture pieces.
- Tucker: Tucker is outstanding clothing made with love in New York City.
- Tyga-Box: Tyga-Box is the U.S. leader of innovative moving solutions enabling others to significantly reduce their moving costs and packaging impacts to people and planet by providing a reusable, integrated system of plastic boxes and dollies eliminating the use of cardboard boxes.
Paris to NYC
- Adotmob: Adotmob is a technology company at the forefront of the mobile programmatic ecosystem, focusing on delivering quality mobile campaigns using proprietary infrastructure and algorithms.
- Algama: Algama is creating healthy, tasty and sustainable alternative food by making full use of the unique nutritional potential of Microalgae.
- Glory4Gamers: Glory4Gamers is a leading online eSports tournament organizer now running more than 500 tournaments per week for 300,000 passionate gamers.
- Interactive Mobility: Interactive Mobility creates innovative passengers entertainment solutions for transport and hospitality companies (airlines, airports, hotels, taxis, etc.).
- Leka: Leka Inc.'s mission is to help exceptional children live exceptional lives. Their first product, Leka, is a small spherical autonomous smart toy, specifically designed to help take care of children with special needs.
- Natural Grass: Natural Grass has developed AirFibr, a hybrid grass technology for sports pitches that will reduce the risks of injuries for the players.
- Sequencity: Sequencity is the most friendly bookstore of digital comics that connects you to passionate people.
- SlimCut Media: SlimCut Media is an advertising technology company that has created a suite of video products for premium publishers to generate and manage new video advertising opportunities.
- smArtapps: smArtapps is the French leader of digital solutions for museums and touristic sites: mobile applications as interactive guide on smartphone and tablet, indoor geolocalization, digital panels and Wi-Fi solution for on-site app downloading.
- Tech'4'Team: Tech'4'Team is the French leader in yield management for the entertainment business, with the first SaaS platform which enables entertainment organizers to increase income and attendance thanks to predictive models and real-time recommendations.
To go further: